Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We Still Have BOLD Prayers to Pray

I was reading a book called Axiom written by Bill Hybels (The Pastor of Willow Creek Community Church) this morning.

He wrote, "Slowly but surely, that "God can do anything" feeling fades, bold prayers quit getting prayed, and the beginning of the end is near."

Here's what I want to say to us: we still have BOLD prayers to pray!!!

Here are the facts:
1) When the Porter Ridge Campus was launched it was done as a product of bold prayers and audacious faith on the part of our staff and the volunteers that went to be part of the movement.

2) When the Porter Ridge Campus was transferred to the Butler Campus it was done as a product of bold prayers and audacious faith on the part of the staff and the volunteers who grabbed onto the vision of seeing people far from God filled with life in Christ and were selfless enough to embrace and welcome the change.

Butler - We still have BOLD prayers to pray because you still have friends and family members who are far from God and need Christ to invade their life like He has invaded yours.

So here's what I need from you today...I have a meeting at 10:30 today that will determine whether we can make our next BOLD move toward achieving our vision. Will you pray BOLD prayers with me today that God would open doors and clear away obstacles.

I can't give you more than that right now, but assuming you will be praying with me today I hope to make an incredible announcement this Sunday!!!

I need you Butler Campus! We've got a big vision and not enough seats. Will you get in the trenches with me today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John - I know that I'm not an Elevate-er, but I will pray for you and the church today.

Anonymous said...

Praying BOLD PRAYERS is one thing we have learned at Elevation. We will be praying today.