Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Group Link

On March 2nd we will be having another Group Link. Group Link is an event we put on for people who are interested in getting plugged into a community group at Elevation Church.


I get all sorts of questions from people about how we do Group Link and what it's all about so I'm going to take a second to explain the vision of Group Link. You can also check out some blogs I wrote for Access Elevation about Group Link here and here.


First of all, I have to give credit to our Group Link event to North Point Church. They have been doing this far longer then Elevation and if we have a groups system that's running like a Honda Accord, they are a Maserati MC12.


The vision for our Group Link events is to provide people an opportunity to overcome one of the biggest barriers to getting plugged in; THE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN GROUP LEADER!!! I think the most unspoken question for anyone who signs up to join a group is, “I wonder if these people are weird?!?”


At Group Link people have the opportunity to meet the leaders and interact with them. It has been amazing the see how much a 3 minute interaction between group leaders and prospective group members increases the likelihood that someone will get plugged in – for that reason I am committed to Group Link, for now…

I am very excited about this coming Group Link on March 2nd. Providence High School has been gracious to let us use their atrium to set out cocktail tables and put on our little speed dating, job-fair-esque, community groups connections extravaganza. I’m anticipating a very exciting result from this Group Link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! this grouplink sounds great! i am going to try and attend. thanks for the info!

jess

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I'm going to check this out! Aren't you the leader of small groups and community groups? Your Friday posts make you the king of wierd. No wonder....LOL