Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dead Battery

I stepped on the bathroom scale the other day expecting to see 185.5. Instead, it read "batt". I was confused!




What I was seeing was not jiving with what I was
expecting.



I'm not sure how you handle these types of situations, but for me I begin to think drastic thoughts. If the scale is not going to perform correctly, if it's not producing the results that it was designed to produce then toss it in the trash.



There are two problems with tossing it in the trash however:



1) The history. Me and that scale had been places. It had seen me at 162 and it had carried my burdens at 186.5. That scale sits next to the toilet in the bathroom...it has endured! And by throwing it away I would be neglecting the history.



2) The investment. About 2 years ago I had to pay money for that scale. not much, but some. I had to pick a spot in the house and then calibrate the scale to that spot. I have spent my time cleaning it and repositioning it, and recalibrating it; I have invested in this scale.



To simply toss it in the trash would be a waste. So I've decided to keep it. Now eventually, I will change the battery, but for right now, I'm not sure it's a bad thing to see "batt" when I step on the scale. At least the scale will be consistent for a while.



Now for the cheesy blogplication (that's blog + application). Thank God that He doesn't treat us the way I was tempted to treat my poor bathroom scale. When we're weak - He's our strength. When we're broken - He's our support. When we were dead - he raised us to life in Him.

No comments: