Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And the Game Goes Sour...

Last night I was playing with Jeremiah on the floor - you can see his picture on the right...

The game goes like this: I have something that he wants so he crawls toward me to get it. Just as he gets close enough to take it I slide it all the way across the floor. He laughs. Then he turns to crawl after it. when he gets about half way I crawl really fast, pass him, and get to the object first. He laughs harder.

This has been a fun game for us and we've really enjoyed it for the past week or so, until last night...

I had just slid the object across the floor and Jeremiah was in hot pursuit until he suddenly took a detour. Within a half a second, Jeremiah had abandoned our game and was over by the electrical outlet playing with a battery charger. I, of course, leaped over to him and kept him from electrocuting himself, but not after almost having a heart attack.

So what are we supposed to take away from this story? Well, if you have a 9 month old with the dexterity of a chimpanzee - buy outlet plugs!

For the rest of you, maybe I'll tie this story back to something profound on my next blog, but for now, I think I'll just leave it alone.

1 comment:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

Isn't it funny how you can be RIGHT THERE, and these things can happen? Or how you think they are completely focused on something, and then something more appealing comes along? Baby Gates, outlet plugs, and cabinet locks will save you and Heather a ton of heartache. Or heart attack, I should say.