Monday, April 28, 2008

Be Eternally Condemned you Freakin’ Liars

[Read: Galatians 1:1-10]

I guess my title may have been a little too harsh. But then again, that’s pretty much what Paul said, so I guess I’ll let myself off the hook.

In Galatians 1:8 and 9 Paul eternally condemns anyone that preaches a Gospel other than the one that he is preaching. He doesn’t just say it and move on, he says it twice, back to back. Paul isn’t trying to win an argument with people who see things differently then him. He isn’t trying to persuade a few people that he’s right and they’re wrong. Paul is SO convinced that what he is teaching is right that he condemns anyone who disagrees with him to an eternity in hell.

One of the funniest verses in the Bible is Galatians 1:10 where Paul asks, “Am I now trying to win the approval of men?” Yeah Paul…uh…actually, no! You just condemned a bunch of people to hell, it’s pretty clear that you’re not in it for popularity.

Here’s what I believe, this passion is missing from most of our lives. Jesus isn’t some pretty little caricature who makes nice Sunday afternoon conversation over lunch. He’s not Mr. Rogers or a political statement. He’s the Lord over all things and as Acts 4:12 says, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

In other words, Paul is right. People who preach another Gospel are condemned. I ask myself the same question that Paul asked in verse 10, am I trying to please men, or God? Where do you fall? There is only one Gospel and we, as Christians, carry it to those that don’t know about it. You should take a stand; it is LITERALLY a matter of life and death!!!

Next post: “I am not a Fake”

No comments: