Monday, January 19, 2009

"THE 6"

Last week I was WAY off on my predictions for attendance at THE 6.

This week I saw lines of cars turning in at 5:40 and here's what I thought to myself, "Are You serious?"

Now, the capitol "Y" in "You" was intentional, because my thought was actually a silent prayer of disbelief. For the second week in a row the Butler 6:00pm worship experience was the largest service of the day at Butler. The campus itself was over 1800 people. It's just not supposed to happen this way!

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a huge crowd on the 1st in spite of the game. After all, we've been saying it for 3 years, "Every Sunday is Superbowl Sunday at Elevation" and perhaps a "smaller" crowd will mean 500 people!

God is doing some amazing things with THE 6. For those of you who have committed to attend THE 6 in order to make room for others in the morning, I guess I don't even need to say thank you...you're getting your reward in full!

If you haven't come to THE 6 yet, you may want to check it out this week. It will be your last chance before you'll need to make arrangements to DVR the game. Just a friendly suggestion from a HUGE football fan...Here's some proof for the doubters of my fanship!

2 comments:

Scott Andersen said...

The 6 rocks!!! Hey why don't they put the songs online with the sermons?

Ponder thoughts for change said...

Great question Scott, if anyone can answer that it will be "JB." He's knows so much including football trivia that's why he is know as "the bishop of the 3-4 defense."