Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Dip Take Two...

As a staff this morning, we listened to the audio from a message that Pastor preached in October of last year. In hearing it a second time I was profoundly impacted in a different way then I was the first time I had heard it. In fact, I was looking at the notes that I had taken the first time (which were pretty thorough) but was still able to take an additional page of notes during the second hearing.

I learned a lot from the message itself but one thing that stuck out to me even above what I learned directly from the message was that I still took away fresh insight.

I could have checked out and thought to myself, "this message isn't for me, I've already heard it...this message is for everyone else..." but then I would have missed out on a powerful truth that God showed me.

Don't check out!

You might already know the verse, "Love the Lord your God...and Love your neighbor..." but you've got a different neighbor today then you did when you read it last time.

You might have already heard the Gospel message preached, but this time you've got your lost friend sitting beside you.

You might already know that God is a loving Father who disciplines His children but now you have kids of your own and that truth all of a sudden means a lot more to you.

Here's a practical suggestion. Get a new Bible. Your old one is marked up with the insights you discovered the last time you read it. Start fresh and God will apply His timeless truth in a new way to your new circumstances.

No comments: