Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Starts Today

Yesterday was a great day at Elevation. The Christmas boxes were piled High - I mean about 12 feet high - and the decor inside and out was hopping. The start to our new series was amazing! The creative elements went up another notch, again, thanks to the leadership of Larry Hubatka, our Creative Pastor. And there were pastries in the Atrium. If it wasn't clear before Sunday it was very clear after - The Christmas season has begun. What better way to kick off Christmas than to see 143 people commit their lives to following Christ. That's right, 143 people gave their lives to Christ yesterday in one of our five worship experiences.

It never ceases to amaze me how much God uses our little church. Pastor's message preached from Matthew 13:53-58 could not have been more powerful. The band killed it - again (check out Wade's blog for the set list). The volunteers, from the parking crew to the new believer follow up teams, were in top form rockin' their series specific T-shirts and handing out nextlevel packets like they were working on commission. And, did I already say, there were pastries in the Atrium...

I cannot believe that I get to be a part of this church. 143 people committed their lives to Christ! Praise God for His continued blessing! For the lives that He has changed, and for those that He will change as we continue to seek His heart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you John! I can NOT believe I can be a part of this move of God either! Would someone pinch me! We KNOW God CAN do these things, that IS my perception! Yet when HE DOES them and we can be just a small link in a chain..WOW. I am really speechless and humbled and excited and in AWE of who HE is and what HE longs to do! And it is only the beginning!

Anonymous said...

And to think that we get to raise our son in this church.... GOOD STUFF!!!

Beth Crosier said...

Praise the Lord! What an awesome God!