Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fresh Perspective

I had the incredible privilege this morning of sharing about our partnership with Safe Journey, one of our strategic community outreach partners, at the board meeting for Communities in Schools, Safe Journey's umbrella agency.

Going into the meeting I felt like I was going to be agenda-item-number-two on what looked like a very long and important agenda. After a few minutes of sharing, however, it became clear that what the Lord has given us as a vision for community outreach is catching people a little off guard. I got the vague impression for the first few minutes that people were saying under their breath, "what's the catch?" But as I continued sharing the mood changed; they became genuinely excited by the partnership I was describing (you can read more about it here).

I am continually humbled by the fact that I'm hand-delivering large checks to important people who are doing great things in our city. I am even more humbled by the fact that it seemed right for me to do it! God is using our little church to pioneer some new (or at least fresh) perspective in Charlotte and it was great to be delivering the message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

john,
you are such a humble leader. i can think of no one better to hand deliver checks to these servants of Jesus than you!

thanks for inspiring though sharing how you specifically are being used by God---

jess