Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Day Has Come!!!

My son started saying Da-Da!

Wow! That's pretty cool!

I wonder if God feels this way (or a really magnified version of this way...) when his children finally run back to Him and call out His name for the first time?

I had a friend tell me one time that I would have a whole new perspective on the Gospel and God's relationship to us when I had kids. He was right!

There is something both unbelievably amazing and utterly mind-numbing about having another person refer to me as Da-Da. I wouldn't trade it for anything and yet I couldn't even if I wanted to. Life is pretty interesting and getting more so every day!

Now before I get too carried away, he also calls the spoon full of mashed peas Da-Da. In fact, I caught him looking at the dog saying Da-Da this morning. But, it's definitely only a matter of time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting John! I appreciate your analogy. How often we forget our loving Savior. We barrel on, thinking that we've got everything under control, only to miss God's greatest blessings. Especially the blessings of hearing His voice every day through communion in prayer and instruction from His Word.
Hug that little sweet baby for me!
Mom

Anonymous said...

One small concession of Heather not reading your blog is the fact that your mom does. Plus I do too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you put that last paragraph in...because as a MA-MA it is MUCH easier for babies to say Da-Da first! LOL! So whether it's you, the dog, the mashed potatoes...eventually it will be you. And you wife will say....But I'M the MA-MA for crying out loud!