Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Leading My Group

So I'm actually packing up my office and running out the door to go lead my small group - which I will likely be late for...

Even though I have been running the Community Groups Ministry at Elevation Church for a year and a half and have seen those groups grow from 8 groups in July '06 to 82 groups at our peak last November. Even though I have personally lead 12 different groups since July '06. Even though I have had a combined 200+ people in one of my groups since I started leading, and, even though I get tired and overwhelmed and feel like I'm too busy to lead my group well, I still look forward to getting together with MY GROUP.

There is nothing like building relationships with people that can hold you accountable and drive you to become more like Christ in a real and tangible way. I hope no matter how busy I get and how big our ministry becomes that I will always have MY GROUP to rush home for.

To MY GROUP: Thanks for being a great group!

To my group leaders: Thanks for making this a possiblity for hundreds of other people at Elevation Church!

1 comment:

dawn said...

Thank you for being an amazing leader! We love coming to YOUR group and so look forward to what God has in planned for our group! Thank you so much for what you said last night! I am honored to be in the best group ever!!