Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Love This Job...

It's Almost 11:00 on Thursday night. It's been an amazing day packed with amazing experiences. Heather and I left the house this morning at 6:00am, dropped Jeremiah off with Autumn Lineberger - the most generous, loving and wonderful person on the planet - and headed off to Billy Graham for our staff field trip. At BGEA I got to hear Pastor Furtick deliver a killer devotion in less than 20 minutes (Yes, that is a 2 not a 6) and then I got to sit in on a meeting with some of the head guys at BGEA who shared some pretty amazing leadership principles that will undoubtedly come out on this blog in a week or so - once I've had a chance to process them. I got back to the office just in time to spend about an hour continuing to plan for the Community Groups Current coming up Monday and I have finally landed on the main point: I will be answering every group leader at Elevation's biggest question...but you'll have to wait until Monday night to find out what that question is...

After that I went into a sermon planning meeting where I got to sit on the front row of Pastor Furtick's sermon preparation - something that always reminds me what a privilege it is to serve under such a great communicator. Finally, I closed out the day in a meeting with Chunks Corbett and the directional guys discussing some plans for this week's worship experience.

In the morning, I will get to the office early and jump right into the discussion questions for this Sunday. Although I haven't heard the sermon yet, Pastor has given me all the tools necessary to write what I hope will be a good resource for your groups. By tomorrow at about 2:30 when I leave the office my brain will have completely shut down. In fact, I often have to leave it in my office over the weekend to let it marinate and recover. That's why if you ever see me on Sunday and wonder why I can't remember your name...

The best part about this schedule is that I can't imagine doing anything else with my life! I love this job! I love this Church! I love seeing God move in a tangible way right in front of me! I feel like I have a box seat at Pentecost and Peter has asked me to help with the baptisms! Who am I that you are mindful of me? Yet, before I was born you knew me! Amazing!

No comments: