Thursday, November 1, 2007

Purpose Statement and Vision...

I happen to believe that vision and purpose are important. Actually, I think they are vital. Without these essential elements things get messy. As it says in Proverbs 29:18, "Where there is no vision, people cast off restraint". I feel like the first three entries of this blog have perfectly illustrated restraintlessness so I'm taking back my blog with this entry.

The purpose of this blog: to provide a platform by which I can cast vision to those that serve under my leadership.

Unfortunately, that may have just excluded you from reading my blog. Sorry! Maybe sometime in the future I will start an ancillary blog for the purpose of communicating everything to everyone but at this point I'm a little intimidated by a purpose that broad.

Some things you can expect from my blog: Practical tips on how to lead your Small Group better, stories from fellow group leaders, funny stories about Elevation staff members, fact of the days, Friday's fun family fact (look for an entry titled Tee-Pees, Placentas and Rose Bushes - in the near future), strange words like 'qua', inspirational quotes from Pastor Furtick, Insights from my personal devotions, Details about where I feel Elevation Small Groups are headed and anything else that will help me cast vision to the people I lead.

I hope that this will be a helpful resource for you, and if you want to stick around even though your not on my team directly I expect that occasionally it will be worth your while.

(By the way, the punctuation of the week has been the elipsis [...]. there always seems to be more to say, you know...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i could not be more excited, john! (vision...purpose...two of my favorite words..)thank you for sharing this stuff online...seriously, i can't wait!
jess

dawn said...

i am so glad that you have this blog! how exciting!! i know it will serve a great purpose!!! count me in ~ i will add you to my blog roll!!!!!